Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Ohhh, it's a pool pool world!

Took most of the day offline for a much needed respite from the rigors of local politics. Came back late at night just to check blog stats and found a new comment on the previous post that was nice to see, from an old PEGASYS alum.  Managed a snappy response and so took a screenshot of that to post up here, in case there's any lingering doubt as to how delighted I am with the outcome, although it would have been nicer to kill both those birds with a single stone.  Out of the two, I did nail the pricier one. And so I continue being insufferably smug for the rest of the day.



Thursday mini-UPDATE: wonderful editorial in the Enid News-ain't-got-nothin'-to-do-with-it & Eagle this morning--they gave me a big promotion.  I was so impressed that I sent the following Valentine to Dale Dewitted just a few ago:

Gee, since when was an incumbent cake-walk an impressive win, hm?  Thanks for promoting me from a nobody to a formidable opponent.

Luvz ya! 
 LOLz!

And I found this on the blog this morning, to which I responded:


 Ain't it grand how even the Eagle is in favor of depleting downtown business and moving that to Meadowlake?  The Eagle is also overlooking the presence of the OK Attorney General in our City government, and he ain't done with it yet.  Ya, "forward thinking" Wilson is now just a sitting duck (her loss would have meant that the legal issue was history; as long as she retains her seat, the state level legal issues remain active and I'm not talking about the simple matter of having to re-vote over 100 appointments), and all's well with the universe.  I wonder who the City is going to appoint to fill seats for Ward 1 and Ward 5.  I also wonder who the Eagle is gonna replace Dale with when the home office in Montgomery gets wind of a libel action. Had I won the election, I couldn't claim actual damages (setting an amount for actual damages might be difficult to set, but punitive damages are indisputable). For the time being, it's clear that the Enid Eagle endorses state-law-violating corruption.

It's looking like I'll be able to nail 3 birds with one stone. Or four.  What's clear is that if I had succeeded in pocketing that ole cueball, I would have scratched; things are working out a whole lot better this way.

"Well you don't tug on Superman's cape; you don't spit into the wind; you don't pull the mask off the ole Lone Ranger...even if you DO got a two piece custom made pool cue..."
--Jim Croc
Possessing a solid command of english never hurt, either.




To Sir Skeptic out there, who said I couldn't do it.  Sir Skeptic, that's what the IBEW and the Illinois Power Company told me when I insisted on back pay.  I got the back pay.

No comments: