Monday, July 08, 2013

OF COURSE I'm going! Festival Peruano 2013 en Oklahoma City

Looks like somebody forgot to put the hours on the announcement.  I just learned that it's from 11 am to 8 pm.

Also gonna put in a shameless plug for my favorite Peruvian restaurant in OKC, the Inca Trail.  I've enjoyed it since it first opened--it's quite an adventure to Peru without actually going. :)  They have since opened a sister restaurant called Naylamp (their Facebook page). They don't have their own stand-alone website yet.

Going to be on the lookout for some of that famous chocolate, you bet! I'll be taking every camera I own. :)

If you're on Facebook, these are the people to follow for updates: Peruanos en Oklahoma

The event page on Facebook: Festival Peruano 2013 en Oklahoma City

 El Nacional de Oklahoma article (Spanish)
More event info.


JULY 20 CULTURAL NOTE UPDATE: NY Post posted this article about a Peruvian tradition regarding pall bearers and reported some remarkable statistics associated with its treatment of black Peruvians. O_O


No comments: