Thursday, March 19, 2015

Zing go the strings--shazaaaaaaam!!

Catching the U of K - Hampton game as I'm typing this, and although I typically tune out a cake-walk like this game is turning out to be, this isn't your average cake-walk.  KY sure has some moves that are beauties to behold, and I've gotta say that they've got better defense than I've seen even in the NBA.

It's funny to see this game interspersed with ads featuring Charles Barkley because when he played for the Suns, coach Westphal was pinning all his bets on Sir Charles and let defense go to hell in a handbasket, and sometimes KJ (Kevin Johnson, point guard) got the blame when Sir Charles couldn't carry his own freight.

Also got a little valley-sick when I saw those Southwest Airlines ads, too, because I used to be a big fan of their Fun Fares.  I miss ya, Sky Harbor! Oh yeah--Zonies know who my post title is referring to: the inimitable Al McCoy.

MAN wotta game! GO CATS!

That 1993 Finals series of games were the most memorable in MY book--Suns beaten by a single trey shot not by Air Jordan, but by Paxon. I remember that like it was yesterday.
Back in the day, I thought KJ and Dan Majerle were awesome. Sir Charles, not so much.
Oh yeah--there's a new "Dare Greatly" Cadillac commercial I'm partial to, and that's the one that plays Edith Piaf's "Je Ne Regrette Rien". Ha!!


...car ma vie, car mes joies, aujourd'hui, ça commence avec toi!


No comments: