Friday, October 17, 2014

Halloween looms large once again and I've been SUPER busy

My goodness, time flies when you're in the thick of shenanigans. I'm in it deep, people.  Lots of stuff going on, and one of the things I said to a guy I encountered at a bank downtown was that yes, I blog, and my readers are mainly Chinese so now you know that China is kept up to date on everything going on in Enid.

I'm basically an opportunist, too, and a number of opportunities have been opening up during the course of the week past and you can bet your sweet bippy I've been taking maximum advantage of those.  When I sit down long enough to catch my breath and process videos and pics, you can bet I'll post 'em here as time permits.

==============================

Surprise surprise surprise.  After I hit the submit button on the above post, I checked the stats and instantly there were 3 hits on it.  I expected those to be from Google Plus cuz that's where it circulates immediately upon posting, but that's not what the stat counter told me this time.  I got 1 immediate  hit from www.simplemachines.org.  Hello, fellow coders, but in case you haven't noticed, I dropped Simple Machines like eons ago...unless one of you three is Ardd.  Hey Ardd, I thought you died or something. Say hi to Apple for me...no, wait...SCREAM. :D

I got a truckload of catching up to do with blogging and I don't know if I can manage this late in this day.  By all means stay tuned though.  The tricks of this week have turned out to be rare treats.

In the meantime, enjoy the dueling banks, each of which have pumpkin decorating competitions...and note that some pumpkin themes appear in both banks.  CNB first--







....and now, for SNB's pumpkins....





















Are you laughing? When you consider the high male mortality in heavy industry, you shouldn't be. Men stubbornly think it's "manly" to go without adequate safety equipment especially in construction, and yes--they do die, actually, from stubbornness.  Those that don't die manage to suffer significant lifelong disability, and that includes doing stupid things with their back because they fancy themselves strong enough to avoid back injury. If you still think that women aren't strong enough to do man's work, look at all the women on farms and ranches that have had to take over operation of same because the man developed a  bad back.

Christians, the next time you feel like bitching about Islam, remember St. Augustine, among other "Fathers of Christianity".


Fathers of Christianity and of Judaism were the MoFos that Islam learned that shit from.

Men agree, too, because they say, "the difference between men and boys is the size of their toys." There ya go, gals--they admit it.



No comments: