Thursday, December 25, 2014

"100 years ago today"--a lot of articles about one thing I blogged about last year

2014 is, of course, 100 years since the Great War (World War I) and I posted a rather lengthy blog entry about The Great War's Armistice Remembered. I notice that a lot of European countries, plus China and Russia, are bringing a lot of traffic to that post today. I mentioned, last year, an event talked about this year by everyone from Britain's Queen to the local news paper: the Christmas Truce.

It was never really forgotten, though, and in the 1960's, a novelty band called the Royal Guardsmen celebrated World War I in a manner that became quite popular; they tied it in with Charles Schultz'  World War I Great Flying Ace and master of the Sopwith Camel, Snoopy.

The Royal Guardsmen on the Christmas Truce (Snoopy's Christmas)
Curse you, Red Baron!!




{True Confession: I never get tired of watching Chris Nunley, the leftmost guy in front.}

===============================================================



No comments: