Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, everyone!

My regulars already know that I'm a firm believer in Santa (Saint) Claus (Nicholas), who has been demonized by some religious people originally because he's a prominent Orthodox saint, totally ignoring the fact that he was a major participant in the first Ecumenical Councils that even Protestants recognize as legit.

To the Enid News & Eagle's credit, today's editorial ran a reprint of Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus--but not to their credit, they hide behind a subscription wall which negates them as a resource for periodical research...which is why the link I provided goes to a different entity.

My regulars also know that I turn another year older as New Year's Eve becomes New Year's Day (meh).  But as the late Erma Bombeck pointed out, aging isn't for sissies, and y'all know I'm no sissy.

Have a good one.




Before I turn in to let Santa come visit, I just want to say that I got quite a bit well before this time, and all I wanna do is just offer the milk and cookies.  I'm fine.  Luvz ya, Santa.

Earlier, I took advantage of the low traffic downtown to attempt a video walk-around of the Bike Trail, and will be posting that before long.  The trail head begins in Ward 5 but crosses over into Ward 6 before it enters Ward 5 again on Washington, and along my walk I got quite a chuckle out of Vanhooser signs, regarding "product placement".  His huge signs are in the windows of what I used to call "dead bodies"--empty storefront property.  He must be quite proud of the "dead bodies" in Ward 6.  And one of those "dead bodies" had a deteriorated sidewalk in front of it, too.  Not quite a pothole as such, but all the same, a still of that is so priceless, I'm gonna post that here too, so that y'all can get a chuckle out of it yourselves.  I think I'll caption it thus: "If you like what he didn't do for Ward 6, you'll love what he won't do as mayor."

Here we go--

"COMING FALL 2014" and it's friggin' end of December. Must have taken a long Fall off that step.

No comments: