Thursday, December 31, 2015

Another new year, another year older, and a surprise on Facebook

It's that time of year again, folks--and the clock keeps right on ticking. Besides just a gauge of aging, that means deadlines too, of course.  Time tables. Schedules. And for me, looking back on somebody else's birthday that happened closer to Christmas, and that leads us to the surprise on Facebook, just a few minutes earlier than this posting.

The man who first published the very first Clara Listensprechen Report hasn't been in touch in the last year or so, and I just learned from his wife that as his own years advance, he is declining, as he's in his eighties. But he was very happy for his birthday this year, and she posted a picture.  I couldn't be more delighted that he's doing this well, that his wife has kept me posted, although he himself must remain out of touch.

It's a new year, and New Years Day is my birthday, but I'm not celebrating that.  I'm celebrating the life of an awesome man, Stewart MacKenzie of the American Shortwave Listeners Association (ASWLC).  Cheers, old man.



No comments: