Friday, June 06, 2014

The Doctor's T.A.R.D.I.S. dropped in at the Enid Public Library today

....and I have the vids and pics.  They're just not ready to post just now, but when they are, I'll post 'em right here.

OF COURSE my Shada Scarf was to be envied!  I was asked if I showed up as Captain Jack until I got that thing out.  I introduced myself as the original Impossible Person Clara and of course nobody believed it.

Every historian that I ever bedevilled knows better, though, don't they. Tom Baker knows better, too.

Pics and vids to come, so watch this space.  Yeah, Blogger is still effed up re: vids so the best I can do is iPhone type.  Sorry.




There was a major disappointment, and it was the lack of favorite refreshments-absolutely NO jelly babies or jammie dodgers in sight!!!!!!

I've posted my favorite recipe for jammie dodgers before, last year, but I'm happy to post it again:

If you want to make jammy dodgers from scratch, try this:

2 3/4 cup sifted flour                           a few grains of salt
1/2 cup heavy cream                            red jam or preserves
1 cup soft butter                                  sugar, to roll the dough out on

Mix flour, cream, salt, and butter well until thoroughly blended.  Chill for several hours until thoroughly cold and firm.  Spread your board with sugar and roll the dough out to about 1/8" thickness and cut out rounds with a biscuit cutter (or similar implement, like a saved and washed vegetable can).  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes and then cool the rounds off.  Then just make jam sandwiches out of them and put back on the cookie sheet, 1/2" apart because the jam will melt off a bit, and bake another 2 minutes.  Remove and cool again, trimming whatever jam has dripped off the edges while they're warm. 

A nice touch would be to cut the disks, but in half the disks use some small round thing to cut a center hole so they'd better resemble the Doctor's favorite jammy dodgers, if you like.

Unfortunately, due to Blogger technical video difficulties, vids are confined to iPhone size/quality.


Below, that's a genuine candlestick phone in the phone box. The voice in the phone asks, "Are you my mummy?"



Tuesday UPDATE: The library finally posted the pics...and by golly, guess who else was there...


Enid's man-about-town, Richard.  We had a nice chat, too...about how Who belongs in Who's Who.


There's not too many of me in a pound to begin with and that Shada scarf Betsy Ross gave me definitely didn't do my figure any favors (you can well imagine just how fond she'd be of anyone who might be fond of the British).  The Doctor got all huffy about all that American stuff, especially the American-made Sugar Babies. There's just nowhere that a Yankee can find jelly babies even if a Yankee wanted to...which I didn't...




Late Saturday PM UPDATE: Was going thru some old videos for old City Commission content while tuned to PEG channel 11 on the tube, and although the old movie (Spitfire) being shown didn't exhibit even Jim Nay's bug, suddenly an old PEGASYS bug appeared, and I hit the Record  button.  That 'un's a KEEPER!

.................and.............now...........at the end of the movie................is the standard disclaimer about not reflecting the views of yadda yadda.......................and.........yeah, buddy.........

"Classic movie presented by Wendy Quarels"



LET THE REVOLUTION BEGIN!!!

 None too soon, apparently; the Enid Television (haha---) Network (chuckle) left a lot of holes in this Saturday's published sked for next week.  A bunch of somebodies have pulled their programming.  That's fine with me, though. It gives the new Punched Out Judy Show an earlier opening.  One can hope.



No comments: