Thursday, October 31, 2013

Joyous Samhain, everybody!

...and besides that, Happy Halloween.

Actually, I didn't bother with a costume--I terrify people the other 364 days out of the year, and 2013 was a banner year for that, I can attest.  That's why Medusa is my avatar (well, one of a number of reasons, actually)--I petrify people and I know it.

With many deep thanks to Betsy Ross for the scarf.  Now I suppose that I'm gonna have to get a sonic screwdriver.  Just don't get me confused with Romana...







He recommends no garnish, but because the Doctor is so fond of Britain, I'd recommend a slice of lime in tribute to the Limeys. ^_^

I am a time traveler that is American, with a professional background in the sciences, so what I'm going to do is make mine an ultrasonic screwdriver.  It'll work better as an actual screwdriver, and it will work with wood, unlike the Doctor's implement.  Just chalk it up to Yankee Ingenuity. Shove it on over, MacGyver.

And I'll have Gummi Bears--they're the American version of Jelly Babies from the get-go. But I don't mind indulging in jammie dodgers now and then.  Or even fish fingers and (chocolate) custard.


UPDATE:



This is the prototype ultrasonic wrench (not screwdriver).  Brits, you have NO BUSINESS calling this a spanner, either.  It's American, and therefore a WRENCH. There's  a booster coil near the light which functions not only as a wood adapter but also a torque multiplier, so this is a wrench, not a screwdriver--but it does screws, too.  Yeah, that's still pecan stain on my fingers. Meh.  And Gummi Bears are out--they're made in Turkey.

Without the glare...


Aha--how 'bout this: ultrasonic mini-wrench and ultrasonic pipe wrench.


Finished ultrasonic pipe wrench:



Instead of Gummi Bears, I'm going with all-American Sugar Babies.

No comments: